Thursday, November 20, 2014

Back again!

Hey Everyone!

Wow has it been a while since I updated this blog!

Since my last update, my mild Carpal Tunnel Syndrome really started to be inconvenient.  I finally made the plunge, and switched to an airbrush, hoping to alleviate my symptoms at least somewhat.  It was effective for a while, but eventually even that wasn't enough.  Coupled with my typing-centric job, the pain and numbness got in the way a lot.  A few months ago, I had surgery on my left hand, and it has completely relieved my symptoms.  I'm back to normal, for the most part, thought I've grown to really like the results I get with my airbrush.

I'm currently working on an Ogre Stonehorn commission.  It's about 99% done, just awaiting the arrival a bit that was missing when I received the model from my client/


This project has been a lot of fun.  It is really the first Warhammer Fantasy Battles model I've pained, so it's been fun working my way through it.

It is also the first real "organic" model I've worked on since I did some Fenrisian Wolves a ways back.  Working on an animal model like this is a unique challenge compared to most 40K stuff's technical style.


Next up, I'm working on a Malifaux Guild crew, as well as expanding my Minotaurs and Eldar;  And, if I get bored, I might plug away on my Zone Mortalis terrain some more.

Thanks for reading!



No comments:

Post a Comment